Professor ZHONG Silin
(Office): Rm 286, Science Centre South Block
(Office): (852) 3943 6389
|2009||Postdoc, BTI Cornell|
|2003||PhD, University of Nottingham|
|2002||MSc, University of Nottingham|
|1998||BSc, Jilin University|
- 2013 Assistant Professor, School of Life Sciences
- Epigenetics and genomics
- Hormone signaling network
- Sequencing technology
- The Cassava Genome Consortium (2014) Cassava genome from a wild ancestor to cultivated varieties. Nature Communications. 5:5110. doi:10.1038/ncomms6110.
- Hu L, Li N, Xu C, Zhong S, Lin X, Yang J, Zhou , Yuliang A, Wu Y, Chen YR, Cao X, Zemach A, Rustgi S, Wettstein D and Liu B (2014) Mutation of a major CG methylase in rice causes genome-wide hypomethylation, dysregulated genome expression, and seedling lethality. PNAS. 119:10642-7.
- Nguyen CV, Vrebalov JT, Gapper NE, Zheng Y, Zhong S, Fei Z, Giovannoni JJ. (2014) Tomato GOLDEN2-LIKE transcription factors reveal molecular gradients that function during fruit development and ripening. The Plant Cell, 26:585-601.
- The Kiwifruit Genome Consortium (2013) The draft genome of kiwifruit actinidia chinensis. Nature Communications. 4:2640 | DOI: 10.1038/ncomms3640.
- Rosli HG, Zheng Y, Pombo MA, Zhong S, Bombarely A, Fei Z, Collmer A, Martin GB (2013) Transcriptomics-based screen for genes induced by flagellin and repressed by pathogen effectors identifies a cell wall-associated kinase involved in plant immunity. Genome Biology, 14:R139.
- The Watermelon Genome Consortium (2013) The draft genome of watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) and resequencing of 20 diverse accessions. Nature Genetics.45:51-58.
- Zhong S., Fei Z., Chen Y.C., Zheng Y., Huang M., Vrebalov J., Gapper N., McQuinn R. Liu B., Xiang J., Shao, Y. and Giovannoni J. (2013) Single-base resolution methylomes of tomato fruit development reveal epigenome modifications associated with ripening. Nature Biotechnology. 31:154-159.
- The Tomato Genome Consortium (2012) The tomato genome sequence provides insights into fleshy fruit evolution. Nature. 485: 635-641.